This issue should help children to see the humor in the world around them and to enjoy it as one of God’s great gifts to us.Order Now See Inside
Even if the rhythm of your family life changes a bit in the summer, chances are you still find yourselves awfully busy. But taking time to have fun together is important for creating and nurturing a healthy family. Try some of these simple suggestions from author Karen M. Leet to add a little fun to your family life and remind yourselves that God wants us to live abundantly!
07/01/2014 at 05:15 am
Fascinating Facts about Indonesia
Indonesia is the world’s largest archipelago (group of islands) and includes at least 17,000 islands. There are five main islands, where most of the people live, but about 6,000 of the islands have some people living on them.
The equator cuts through Indonesia, and the climate is tropical (hot and humid). Rain forest covers about three-fourths of the country’s land. The country is home to thousands of species of plants and animals.
07/01/2014 at 02:30 am
* What’s your favorite way that our family has fun together? What are some fun things you’d like to do that we’ve never done?
* How do you feel when someone laughs with you? How is it different when someone laughs at you?
* How do you tell the difference between when laughter is healthy and when it’s not?
* What do you usually do or say when someone you’re with is making fun of someone else in a mean way? What can help you do the right thing when that happens?
07/01/2014 at 01:00 am
by Karen M. Leet
Some words are good—they can cheer us up and encourage us. Other words are not good at all. Angry or mean words can hurt us. Here are some awesome words to use.
1. Sorry. We all say and do things that hurt others at times. Saying we’re sorry is the first step to healing those hurts. more
05/31/2014 at 01:31 pm
1. Have a family-memories night. Watch old family videos or look at family photos together. Share memories about what you see.
2. Star-gaze. Lie outside on a blanket and look up at the stars together. Try to map out constellations. Look up Internet articles about each constellation. more
05/01/2014 at 01:45 am
Here are some fun ways for your family to learn more about everyday heroes.
*Watch a DVD together and talk about ways different characters were heroic in the story. Who are the heroes in this story? In what ways do they act as heroes? Would they consider themselves as heroes? Your parents can help decide what film is best for your family. Here are some suggestions: more
09/30/2013 at 09:16 am