This issue is to show
children that faith is part of our everyday lives, and the ways faith equips us to face the challenges we face each day.
by Karen M. Leet
Sometimes things get tough for our families. Maybe one family member is having problems, and everyone feels the stress. Or maybe something happens that hurts the whole family. God can and will help us get through these difficult times and strengthen our families. The next time your family is facing a hard challenge, try some of these family faith builders.
04/30/2015 at 09:31 am
Fascinating Facts about Papua New Guinea
This island country north of Australia is home to around 7 million people. Paupua New Guinea is the eastern part of an island known as New Guinea, which is one of the largest islands in the world. The other half of the island is controlled by Indonesia. The island is named after the African country of Guinea. more
04/30/2015 at 09:07 am
Talk together about a time when your family faced a big challenge (i.e., financial hardship, illness of a family member, moving, etc.). What helped you get through that time? What made it more difficult? Would you do anything differently if you had it to do over?
* What strengths does our family have that help us when we face hard times?
* How can we help and support one another in challenging times?
* Is another family we know going through a hard time right now? What can we do to help?
04/30/2015 at 08:56 am
* What are you hoping for? What are you doing to make those hopes a reality?
* Was there ever a time when you lost hope? What happened? What helped you to feel hopeful again?
* Is there somebody we know who seems to have lost hope? What can we do as a family to share God’s love with that person?
* What does Jesus’ resurrection teach us about hope? How can we help each other to remember that hope when we’re feeling discouraged?
03/31/2015 at 01:16 pm
Here are some prayer exercises you can try this month to help you grow closer to God and Jesus. You may also want to follow the readings in this month’s Pocketsful of Scripture (pages 14-15 in the March issue of Pockets) which expand on some of the scriptures you’ll be reading for these exercises.
02/27/2015 at 02:40 pm
* Is there a place where you feel especially close to God? What is it about that place that helps you feel close to God?
* Do you have a favorite time or way to pray? (Silently? Out loud? By singing? On your knees? Lying in bed at night? With other people or alone? Prayers that are already written or your own words? etc.)
* Was there a time recently when you felt like God wasn’t answering your prayer? How did you feel? Did anything help you understand the situation better?
* Was there a time recently when you knew for sure that God had answered your prayer? How did you feel? Did you remember to thank God?
02/27/2015 at 02:39 pm