We want this issue to help children come to the understanding that living each day can draw them close to God.Order Now See Inside
Here are some prayer exercises you can try this month to help you grow closer to God and Jesus. You may also want to follow the readings in this month’s Pocketsful of Scripture (pages 14-15 in the March issue of Pockets) which expand on some of the scriptures you’ll be reading for these exercises.
02/27/2015 at 02:40 pm
* Is there a place where you feel especially close to God? What is it about that place that helps you feel close to God?
* Do you have a favorite time or way to pray? (Silently? Out loud? By singing? On your knees? Lying in bed at night? With other people or alone? Prayers that are already written or your own words? etc.)
* Was there a time recently when you felt like God wasn’t answering your prayer? How did you feel? Did anything help you understand the situation better?
* Was there a time recently when you knew for sure that God had answered your prayer? How did you feel? Did you remember to thank God?
02/27/2015 at 02:39 pm
* If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you most like to go? Why would you choose that place?
* Is there a place where we’ve gone before that you want to go back to? What did you like about that place? Why would you choose to go back there?
* Is there any place in the world you definitely would not want to go? Why?
* If you were visiting another country, how would you get to know some of the people there? Are there ways you could get to know people and they could get to know you, even if you didn’t speak the same language?
12/30/2014 at 02:00 am
It’s a new year, and we’re focusing on each person’s uniqueness as a beloved child of God. So, while we’re at it, why not celebrate the uniqueness of your family by creating a family scrapbook for the year? Most kids love creative endeavors, so encourage your children’s artistic talents to make a scrapbook that’s as unique as your family is!
12/30/2014 at 01:30 am
When you get right down to it, all kids are similar. They giggle, fuss, stomp around, yell, joke, and get shy. Our lives are enriched by all the different ways they express themselves. Yet many times, when we encounter someone with a disability, we have difficulty understanding what he or she is telling us.
If we remember that at our most basic levels we all share similarities, we can use our own experiences to understand other people better and to help our children do the same. more
10/01/2014 at 02:15 pm
Fascinating Facts about Madagascar
Madagascar is a large island in the Indian Ocean off the coast of southeastern Africa. Scientists believe it broke off from the African continent and drifted to its present location millions of years ago. The island, which is the fourth largest in the world, is home to about 21 million people.
09/30/2014 at 02:15 pm
Leader: God says, “Before I formed you, I knew you. Before you were ever born, I made you holy.”*
All: God says, “You are precious in my sight, and I love you.”
Leader: God says, “You have my name. I created you for my glory.”**
All: We are God’s people, created by God and loved by God. more
09/30/2014 at 02:14 pm