As we recognize and acknowledge such gifts, we learn to live with hearts that are truly thankful.Order Now See Inside
by Janet R. Knight
You can buy Advent wreaths or make your own by setting four candles in a circle and surrounding them with greenery. Advent wreaths usually have three purple candles and one pink candle or four purple candles. (The pink candle is lit on the third Sunday of Advent.) A taller, white candle (the “Christ candle”), representing Jesus, goes in the center of the wreath.
First Sunday of Advent
One: Advent begins today.
All: Advent is a time when we wait for Jesus.
Light the first candle.
One: God’s people waited a long time for the Messiah to come.
All: And each year we wait for Jesus to come again into our hearts and homes.
One: The prophet Isaiah wrote, “No one has ever heard, more
10/31/2014 at 11:59 am
* What’s one thing that made you feel really thankful today? How did you express that feeling of thankfulness?
* Has there been a time recently when you didn’t feel thankful? What made it hard to feel thankful? What helped you?
* How do you show that you’re thankful for your blessings? Do you think other people see you as someone who lives thankfully?
* How do you feel when you’ve done something kind for someone and that person doesn’t thank you? How does it feel when someone does thank you?
10/31/2014 at 10:59 am
When you get right down to it, all kids are similar. They giggle, fuss, stomp around, yell, joke, and get shy. Our lives are enriched by all the different ways they express themselves. Yet many times, when we encounter someone with a disability, we have difficulty understanding what he or she is telling us.
If we remember that at our most basic levels we all share similarities, we can use our own experiences to understand other people better and to help our children do the same. more
10/01/2014 at 02:15 pm
* What gifts do you see in the people in our family? How do those gifts make our life together better?
* How do we use our gifts to help people beyond our family? Are there any other ways we want to use our gifts to help people?
* If you could be given one new talent, what would it be? Why would you choose that? How would you want to use that talent?
* In what ways have people helped you develop your gifts and talents? What was most helpful?
09/30/2014 at 02:18 pm
Fascinating Facts about Madagascar
Madagascar is a large island in the Indian Ocean off the coast of southeastern Africa. Scientists believe it broke off from the African continent and drifted to its present location millions of years ago. The island, which is the fourth largest in the world, is home to about 21 million people.
09/30/2014 at 02:15 pm
Leader: God says, “Before I formed you, I knew you. Before you were ever born, I made you holy.”*
All: God says, “You are precious in my sight, and I love you.”
Leader: God says, “You have my name. I created you for my glory.”**
All: We are God’s people, created by God and loved by God. more
09/30/2014 at 02:14 pm
Fascinating facts about Ukraine
Ukraine is the second largest country in Europe and borders Russia. The Russian language is widely spoken. In 1991, the country became independent from the Soviet Union.
The Ukrainian flag is made up of two equal horizontal colors, blue and yellow, which symbolize the clear blue sky over a yellow wheat field. more
08/29/2014 at 12:21 pm