The Blessings of Change
We hope this issue
encourages children to
begin a lifelong habit
of focusing on the
blessings of change.
Fascinating facts about Ukraine
Ukraine is the second largest country in Europe and borders Russia. The Russian language is widely spoken. In 1991, the country became independent from the Soviet Union.
The Ukrainian flag is made up of two equal horizontal colors, blue and yellow, which symbolize the clear blue sky over a yellow wheat field. more
08/29/2014 at 12:21 pm
* How do you feel about this school year so far? What’s the best thing about it? What’s been the most challenging?
* What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to deal with? What helped you get through that change? What’s one good thing that came out of the change?
* Who are the people around us right now who are going through hard changes? Is there anything we can do as a family or individually to help them?
* What changes are you looking forward to in the future? Are there any changes that you’re worried about? How can we help each other when change is hard for us?
08/29/2014 at 12:20 pm
If Norman Rockwell were painting a picture of today’s family, Dad would be on a Samsung Galaxy watching a soccer match, Mom would be checking Facebook on an iPad, the little girl would be playing a Disney Princess game on her Kindle Fire, and the older brother would be on his Nintendo 3DS immersed in all things Pokémon.
08/04/2014 at 09:33 am
Even if the rhythm of your family life changes a bit in the summer, chances are you still find yourselves awfully busy. But taking time to have fun together is important for creating and nurturing a healthy family. Try some of these simple suggestions from author Karen M. Leet to add a little fun to your family life and remind yourselves that God wants us to live abundantly!
07/01/2014 at 05:15 am
Fascinating Facts about Indonesia
Indonesia is the world’s largest archipelago (group of islands) and includes at least 17,000 islands. There are five main islands, where most of the people live, but about 6,000 of the islands have some people living on them.
The equator cuts through Indonesia, and the climate is tropical (hot and humid). Rain forest covers about three-fourths of the country’s land. The country is home to thousands of species of plants and animals.
07/01/2014 at 02:30 am
* What’s your favorite way that our family has fun together? What are some fun things you’d like to do that we’ve never done?
* How do you feel when someone laughs with you? How is it different when someone laughs at you?
* How do you tell the difference between when laughter is healthy and when it’s not?
* What do you usually do or say when someone you’re with is making fun of someone else in a mean way? What can help you do the right thing when that happens?
07/01/2014 at 01:00 am