This issue will look at how we respond to seemingly hopeless situations with the confidence of children of God.Order Now See Inside
* What are you hoping for? What are you doing to make those hopes a reality?
* Was there ever a time when you lost hope? What happened? What helped you to feel hopeful again?
* Is there somebody we know who seems to have lost hope? What can we do as a family to share God’s love with that person?
* What does Jesus’ resurrection teach us about hope? How can we help each other to remember that hope when we’re feeling discouraged?
03/31/2015 at 01:16 pm
Here are some prayer exercises you can try this month to help you grow closer to God and Jesus. You may also want to follow the readings in this month’s Pocketsful of Scripture (pages 14-15 in the March issue of Pockets) which expand on some of the scriptures you’ll be reading for these exercises.
02/27/2015 at 02:40 pm
* Is there a place where you feel especially close to God? What is it about that place that helps you feel close to God?
* Do you have a favorite time or way to pray? (Silently? Out loud? By singing? On your knees? Lying in bed at night? With other people or alone? Prayers that are already written or your own words? etc.)
* Was there a time recently when you felt like God wasn’t answering your prayer? How did you feel? Did anything help you understand the situation better?
* Was there a time recently when you knew for sure that God had answered your prayer? How did you feel? Did you remember to thank God?
02/27/2015 at 02:39 pm
* If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you most like to go? Why would you choose that place?
* Is there a place where we’ve gone before that you want to go back to? What did you like about that place? Why would you choose to go back there?
* Is there any place in the world you definitely would not want to go? Why?
* If you were visiting another country, how would you get to know some of the people there? Are there ways you could get to know people and they could get to know you, even if you didn’t speak the same language?
12/30/2014 at 02:00 am
It’s a new year, and we’re focusing on each person’s uniqueness as a beloved child of God. So, while we’re at it, why not celebrate the uniqueness of your family by creating a family scrapbook for the year? Most kids love creative endeavors, so encourage your children’s artistic talents to make a scrapbook that’s as unique as your family is!
12/30/2014 at 01:30 am