How we make choices that impact our lives and our relationships with others and how we find the strength to avoid temptations and make the right choices is in this issue.Order Now See Inside
For your family
* Make a simple snack to share with a sibling or parent.
* Do a secret favor for every person who lives in your home.
* Write a letter to a grandparent or other older relative telling them what you appreciate most about them.
* Pray for a family member you haven’t seen in a while.
08/28/2015 at 01:40 pm
* What are some times when you might feel lonely? What helps you to feel better when you’re lonely?
* How is being alone different from feeling lonely?
* Is there anyone we know in our neighborhood or church who seems lonely? What could our family do to help that person?
* Can you think of a time when someone helped you when you were feeling lonely? What did that person do? How did you feel?
07/30/2015 at 02:15 pm
Write a Poem about Spring
The Prize: $25 and publication in the April 2016 issue.
1. You must be 6-12 years old.
2. Your poem must be at least six lines long and no more than 14 lines long.
3. Your poem can rhyme, but it does’t have to. It can be serious or funny, and it can be about any aspect of spring (weather, nature, Easter, things you like to do in spring, etc.)
4. The dealing for mailing or emailing your entry is July 31.
07/15/2015 at 11:38 am
* When is competition fun for you? Is there ever a time when it’s not fun? What makes it fun or not?
* Have you ever played a game with someone who seemed like they only cared about winning? How did you feel about it? Was it fun to play with that person? Why or why not?
* Other than sports or games, what are some other ways people compete?
* When you’re competing, what’s more important than winning? Why are those things more important?
06/26/2015 at 07:05 am