Annual Fiction Contest
* Entries are received beginning March 1 and must be postmarked no later than August 15.
• Please indicate FICTION CONTEST on both the outside envelope and the cover sheet.
• There is no set theme and no entry fee.
• Stories should be 750–1,000 words. (Stories shorter than 750 words or longer than 1,000 words will be disqualified.)
• Stories must be previously unpublished.
• Please include an accurate word count on your cover sheet.
• Multiple submissions are permitted, but please submit only your best work.
• Past winners are ineligible.
• The winner will be announced November 1 at pockets.upperroom.org.
• Award: $500 and publication in the magazine.
• Entries with a SASE will be returned.
• If you have questions, visit our website at www.pockets.upperroom.org or write to us.
SEND ALL MANUSCRIPTS WITH SASE TO:
Lynn W. Gilliam, Editor
P. O. Box 340004
Nashville, TN 37203-0004
Please do NOT send submissions via FAX or e-mail.
POCKETS is a publication of THE UPPER ROOM. POCKETS, THE UPPER ROOM, and design logos are trademarks owned by THE UPPER ROOM, Nashville, TN. All rights reserved.